Friday, December 10, 2010

It feels like Christmas

It feels as much like Christmas as it can in Hawaii. The temperature is in the early 70's and there is precipitation falling down. Albeit rain. But still. Christmas decorations are going up all over the neighborhood and I can't help but wish I was putting up some of my own. But I'm not. My husband is away and I'm going home so I don't spend it without family. It upsets me a little because I wanted to decorate this year and have a Christmas tree and lights of my own. However, to make up for my not having any, my father is putting up his. And when my family does decorations for Christmas... We do it ALL out. Literally. My mother now has the Christmas tree she's always wanted with all the nice decorations. For years we've had the 'childrens' tree where all of our homemade decorations hung. My father has hung at least 10,000 lights.. We have 2 buildings and a house that he hangs them on. Plus a truck we rarely use anymore. Plenty of lights and holiday cheer go around our house. My little sister and her fiance have decorated their home for their first christmas together. And my older sister has decorated her home with her soldier. The Christmas spirit will definitely not be lacking this year! I can't wait to go home and see everyone. I'm going to see his family and mine the 10 days I'm home so it will be a wonderful christmas nonetheless. I hope all of you celebrating Christmas without your significant other have a wonderful Christmas as well! And to those celebrating with their loved ones, hold them tight and show them how much you love them.

Sorry for such a melancholy post! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment