Sunday, December 19, 2010

Total Flight Disaster. Thank you American Airlines.... NOT

Since my husband is deployed this Christmas my parents thought they would make my holiday and bring me home to spend it with the family. I was all for it til 2 hours before my flight was originally supposed to leave Honolulu. The plane that I was taking to L.A. was delayed for nearly 2 hours, in L.A. so an AA agent called and told me I had to change my flights so that I would make my connections. First, she changed me to arriving in Arkansas at midnight! Midnight! Then, I called back and got another lady who changed me to landing at 245. I was ok with that. So I leave HNL for LAX. They delayed my ORIGINAL flight so that those of us could make our connection... So, at that point I became very upset. But, I didn't call and throw a fit or confront anyone. I waited. For 7 hours at LAX to make my next connecting flight to Dallas. While on flight, AA called to tell me my flight was cancelled. Like I had my phone on or could even recieve a phone call! So, I land, go to find my gate and am told that my flight has been cancelled due to mechanical difficulties... Right. The lady prints me my new boarding pass, offers to buy me lunch (which I turned down), and tells me which gate I will now be. I leave in 3 hours. So, I call AA, again, to find out what's up and why this is happening and why I was moved from my first flight. She has no answer. But, to be helpful, she puts me on a flight to Oklahoma. I have family there. But, my bag will still go to XNA on the flight I was supposed to take. I change my mind. I need my bag. So, now, I'm sitting in the USO and it's pretty neat. Not very big but its cool. It will now be a stipulation to pass through when an airport has one. :) It's the only thing right now keeping me from becoming 'angry step on your face' Maresa. I just hope and pray that this flight I'm going to be on now, doesn't get cancelled and that I don't get booted off the plane in favor for someone else. I will be irate. And then... I will be that Maresa. Hmm. I'm going to go enjoy quite time and drink my free drink. Hope everyone is having a much better sunday than I am.

PS: American Airlines, I am VERY unhappy with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment