Saturday, December 18, 2010

A melancholy last day

The definition of melancholy is this: an abnormal state attributed to an excess of black bile and characterized by irascibility or depression

This is how I feel right now. It's currently 0130 and I can't sleep. I leave the island in a little over 14 hours. I'm only going home for a short christmas break, but, I'm losing 11 days with my best friend. 11 days I can never get back. You see, Mrs. H and her hubby are leaving the island a day and a half after I get back home. This makes me very depressed. As noted in my first blog ever, Mrs. H and I are attached at the hip and have become very dependent upon each other. We have been each others rocks when our husbands were deployed. She has been my rock since Mr. R deployed this round. Mrs. H is the one who taught me what a real and true best friend was. I would not be the sane person everyone see's day to day if not for her.

Thus far in this deployment, I have rarely dragged myself out of my house to see anyone other than Mrs. H and Mr. B. Occasionally I've had a few of the other wives I know over to have a girls night, but it was always a must that Mrs. H be there too. Girls nights are never going to be the same, I will probably rarely leave my home after they leave. And I am saddened and slightly depressed at the thought of going a year without really getting to be our little group again. We have all grown together this last year and I love how we've become as a group, and as best friends. Luckily I'm going to go see her sometime in the new year after they have settled in. And, I'm going to scope out the area since we, Mrs. H and I, have decided that after finding each other, we can't live the rest of our lives apart. When Mr. R and I say goodbye to this island it will be none too soon, and we'll be ready for the new adventure awaiting us with our best friends. As I finish this blog before the tears start rolling (as they are gathering in my eyes at the thought of the next two weeks) I will leave you with a quote that I heard once and it is true for me and Mrs. H. 


God places the love you are meant to be a part of in a man to share the rest of your life. But he places your true soul-mate in your best friend to be found when you most need it and to never be lost. 


I love you Mrs. H. :) 






                                             Mrs. H and I on our Valentine's Day dinner cruise
                                                                with the hubby's. :)
                                                      

2 comments:

  1. aww :-( We definitely need to hang out a lot when I get back to keep ourselves occupied

    ReplyDelete