Friday, December 31, 2010

Rollercoaster of Tears

So, Today my best friend, Heather, and her hubby moved completely off island. Their belongings left at the beginning of the week and all that was left was a few suitcases and their wonderful little pets. I got to spend their last 2 1/2 days on the island with them as I had gone home for christmas. But today was the hardest for me to say "I'll see you soon" than I've ever had to do. I've said goodbye and I'll see you soon to my deployed husband twice now. That one was ok for me. I cried once right before we went to meet everyone and for him to get ready to leave. I haven't cried since then. Until today. Heather and I cried in her room this morning while she was cleaning up her kitty litter. We tried not to cry again while we were getting ready to leave my house. And then... The long dreaded actual time of separation... Not something I ever want to go through again. We cried like little babies. And I'm not ashamed to say so. I love her. I always will. And though it was goodbye today, it wasn't officially goodbye. It was an "I'll see you later" and I'm ok with that. Hopefully (depending on the hubby's decision) We'll be following them in a year :) Which would make Heather and I completely ecstatic! But nonetheless today has been a very emotional day for me. When I came home from the airport and checked the mail, I find my first letter from my deployed hubby awaiting me in my mailbox. I open it and read it and find not one letter but a letter and a wonderful poem written by him to me. And then it all hit me... I'm now alone here in Hawaii. I know not technically as I have many friends but I am without my husband and my best friend now. And, It's New Years Eve. I am very depressed now and may go eat a whole pizza. :) I hope everyone is having a much more wonderful New Years than I am. :) I love you Jonathan and Heather!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment